Introduction to QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution
Steel structure is always applied as a crucial and irreplaceable element in most large-scale construction projects. Nowadays, the construction and utilization of steel structures in building not only require the ability to bear loads but also demand excellent fire resistance and thermal insulation. According to the QCVN 06:2021/BXD regulations, the minimum fire resistance requirement for structural components of a building is the EI standard for fire resistance: EI120. To ensure compliance with the current fire safety regulations, QH Plus Corporation has introduced the QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution, which offers outstanding fire resistance and thermal insulation capabilities.
Introduction to QH Plus Fire-Resistant Steel Structural Solution
QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution is a breakthrough approach that addresses the inadequate fire resistance of conventional steel structural systems. Most conventional steel structural systems begin to exhibit instability when the surrounding temperature reaches 550 degrees Celsius. However, tests conducted on the QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution show a superior fire resistance capability at temperatures exceeding 1000 degrees Celsius.
On October 31, 2021, the Institute of Building Science and Technology (IBST) conducted fire test experiments on samples of the QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution. The results demonstrated that the QH Plus solution easily meets the EI120 fire resistance standard. Moreover, after being subjected to a temperature of 1053 degrees Celsius for 70 minutes, the sample’s temperature only reached 540 degrees Celsius, highlighting the effective fire resistance and thermal insulation of the product. The entire test was conducted in accordance with the ISO 834-10:2014 standard.
The QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution can be widely applied in various construction sectors, such as:
- Industrial buildings: Factories, workshops, manufacturing plants, etc.
- Large-span structures: Sports arenas, port warehouses, aircraft hangars, etc.
- High-rise buildings: Buildings with more than 15 floors, where using fire-resistant steel structures is recommended as an alternative to reinforced concrete.
- Public infrastructure projects: Road bridges, railways, transmission towers, high-voltage electricity poles, etc.
Structure of the QH Plus Fire-Resistant Steel Structural Solution
The QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution, which utilizes KH Shield insulation panels, consists of the following key materials:
- KHS.HF.M32 insulation panel with superior fire resistance and thermal insulation capabilities.
- Steel U-profiles.
- 50mm x 0.4mm overlap cover.
- 50mm x 50mm corner angle.
- Connecting screws.
The KH Shield insulation panel is known for its exceptional fire resistance and is widely trusted. With the exclusive FireShieldPRO® technology, the KH Shield insulation panel is non-combustible, smoke-free, and remains stable in various environments.
The fire-resistant and thermal insulation solution, utilizing both fire-resistant panels and KH Shield insulation, not only offers superior fire resistance and thermal insulation but also effectively enhances water resistance. This is an effective method to elevate construction quality, ensuring safety and peace of mind throughout usage.
Why Choose the QH Plus Fire-Resistant Steel Structural Solution?
The QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution boasts several outstanding advantages that make it a worthy choice. Some reasons for selecting this solution include:
- Application of KH Shield insulation panels: Addressing the inadequate fire resistance of conventional steel structural systems and ensuring fire safety.
- Compliance with fire safety regulations: Meeting the requirements outlined in fire safety regulations and laws such as QCVN 06:2021/BXD, Decree No. 136/2020/NĐ-CP, ISO 834-10:2014, etc.
- Flexible application: Easily adaptable to various construction projects and a superior alternative to traditional steel structures.
- Quick construction: The average construction time for the QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution is 400 m2 of fire-resistant cladding per day.
- Applied projects: The Pack Lfp Ha Tinh Factory – Vingroup, with a total cladding area of over 20,000 m2, was completed in 50 days.
- Essential choice: Recommended for large-scale projects such as large-span structures exceeding 100m, high-rise buildings with more than 15 floors, etc.
The QH Plus fire-resistant steel structural solution, utilizing KH Shield insulation panels, enhances construction quality with its exceptional fire resistance and thermal insulation capabilities. It offers an optimal solution to protect people from potential fire and explosion risks.